ATTN: The new website has launched! You can find this post on the new site by clicking here.
Throughout the month of March, we've addressed some issues couples face when going through the spanking process. Prior to the spanking itself hesitation and negotiating can be problems, and as a couple moves forward with the actual spanking itself, movement can become a problem as well. Another potential problem during the spanking is the wife deliberately reaching her hand back to interfere with the spanking. Clearly this would be/is a dangerous situation for the wife, and it's the husband's responsibility to address this problem to ensure the safety of the wife throughout the entire spanking process.
When the wife reaches her hand back during the spanking, she immediately puts herself at higher risk of long term harm. Her hand could inadvertently be struck with the spanking implement which, on top of being extremely painful, could lead to a broken hand if the spanking implement being used is a dense one (such as a wooden paddle). Needless to say, it's extremely important the husband get this problem corrected if it's a recurring issue when spanking.
The wife reaching her hand back during a spanking is also done deliberately with intent to interfere, which shows an element of disrespect to the husband. Movement during a spanking is an involuntary reaction to the pain source, reaching the hand back is a choice consciously made by the wife. She wants the spanking/pain to stop, so she chooses to interfere with it in an effort to make the spanking/pain stop. Given this added element of disrespect, the husband now must choose whether or not to add an additional consequence for disrespect, or intensify one of the recommended options (outlined below) if in fact disrespect is breaking one of the couples agreed upon rules of the household.
Just as with the movement problem, the first universal recommendation before all the following options is that the husband communicate to his wife how important it is that she not reach her hand back during the spanking before the spanking starts. "Please do not reach your hand back during the spanking. The last thing we need is you putting your hand in harms way. It's very important that you keep your hands out of the way, okay?" The husband needs to get some sort of verbal acknowledgment from the wife indicating she understands the importance of keeping her hands out of harms way before continuing on with the spanking. She's been given the choice at this point, so what does or does not happen to her as a result of her reaching is up to her.
The recommended options for correcting the reaching problem are the same as the recommendations for correcting the movement problem. A recap of them is listed below:
- Option #1: Additional Spanks - In this option, the husband would add additional strikes to the end of the spanking. It's important that the husband be clear to the wife that the additional strikes are for her reaching her hand back to separate the two offenses (the original offense and the reaching problem). Anywhere from 3-10 additional strikes is recommended.
- Option #2: Corner Time After The Spanking - In this option, the husband administers corner time for the reaching problem his wife had during the spanking once the spanking is completed.
- Option #3: Harder Strikes Mid Spanking - In this option, the husband stops momentarily mid spanking and gently moves the wife's hand out of the spanking area, then strikes slightly harder than normal for 5-10 strikes, then continues on at normal strength until the spanking is over. Again, it's important in that brief moment that the husband communicate to his wife that the harder strikes are for her reaching problem so she can separate the two offenses.
- Option #4: Striking Bare Mid Spanking - This option is only useful for couples that spank over any kind of clothing. In this option the husband spanks over the clothing until the wife reaches her hand back, at which point he gently moves the hand out of the way, removes the wife's clothing momentarily, strikes the bare buttocks 5-10 times, then puts the clothing back in place and picks up the spanking where he left off. This clearly separates the two offenses, however most couples spank bare-bottomed from the start rendering this option useless. For couples that spank over the underwear/clothing, this is the option I highly recommend they go with. This is yet another reason why, in addition to the other two in this post, I recommend couples spank over the underwear/pajamas rather than bare-bottomed from the start.
- Option #5: Placing "Worse" Implement in Line of Sight - In this option, before the spanking starts the husband places a "worse" implement in the line of sight of his wife as a reminder to her that any reaching will result in the use of that implement. If the wife has a reaching issue when using this option, it's recommended the husband strike 5-10 times with the "worse" implement to separate the two offenses, then go back to the original implement being used.
This is the fourth installment of the "Addressing Spanking Issues" series. For the first, second and third installments, click on the links below.