I can't say I've ever considered Learning Domestic Discipline to be "lovely." I also can't say I've ever tried to write in such a way that would be considered by readers to be "lovely." I'm sure there are plenty of wives out there who wouldn't exactly call LDD "lovely" either. Hey, I completely understand. We couldn't have named this award something else, huh? :)
I don't want to come across as being ungrateful for this "lovely" award. I'm just talking as a man here - the term "lovely" doesn't exactly come up in my day to day dialogue all that often. I have to be honest. But, I'm willing to swallow my pride and use the term "lovely" as needed for my acceptance of this award.
There have been a couple of bloggers out there who evidently consider LDD to be "lovely", and for that I'm truly grateful. I've said it before and I'll say it again - words cannot express how thankful I am to have you all as readers of Learning Domestic Discipline. Support and respect mean so much to me, and I'm honored to have as much support and respect as I do amongst my peers and fellow bloggers in the Domestic Discipline community. I'm honored to have the support and respect from you, the reader, as well. Thank you all so very much for loyally following/reading Learning Domestic Discipline. Without you there would be no reason for this blog to exist.
|Image courtesy of SNP.|
Part of accepting this award is writing 7 unknown things about yourself. Talking about myself ranks right up there with my least favorite things to do in the universe, but if that's what the people want, then I will
- Domestic Discipline is a very small part of who I am. It may play a huge part in my life and in my marriage, but it does not define who I am as a person. Fortunately, thanks to my incredible wife, I don't have to punish as often as perhaps some of you may think.
- I play the guitar, and have for over 15 years. I love to play the guitar. I have rock and roll in my blood and I play everything from AC/DC to Metallica to U2 and everything in between. I'm a self-taught guitar player, too. It's amazing what you can learn to do just by reading a few things online.
- There is no movie that makes me want to be a better man and change the world more than the movie Braveheart. Braveheart is far and away my favorite movie of all time. Other favorite movies of mine are The Shawshank Redemption, The Count of Monte Cristo, and The Big Lebowski.
- I've won thousands of dollars playing Texas Hold 'Em poker. In fact, for a good portion of my life before getting married, I paid all my bills with my poker earnings. It was the income from my "real job" that was my disposable income during that time.
- I think a lot of people have picked up on this already, but I'm a HUGE sports fan. The NFL is my sport of choice, but I also watch a lot of baseball, basketball, and college football. I rarely turn down an opportunity to go to a professional sporting event, even if it's a sport I don't follow closely (like hockey).
- My family and I often go to nearby lakes, parks, and other outdoor recreational places for fun. It's low key, but it's also very relaxing and therapeutic. I suppose it's my way (or our way) of "getting away from it all" and just enjoying each other's company.
- I'm fascinated by big cities. Just thinking about all the man power and teamwork it took to develop intricate freeway systems, subway systems, skyscrapers, water/sewage systems, etc. of large cities astounds me. Have you ever actually stopped to think about that before? It's incredible how far we've come.
Part of accepting the Lovely Blog Award is to nominate others for the award as well. I would love to do so as there are many blogs that I enjoy a great deal, but I don't want anyone to feel left out or slighted. The truth is that I appreciate all bloggers in the Domestic Discipline community. Whether they realize it or not, they're helping to spread the word about the lifestyle and that, to me, is admirable.
I hope you've enjoyed learning a little more about the author of Learning Domestic Discipline. I want to once again thank all those who nominated my blog for the Lovely Blog Award. It's an incredible honor, and I hope I have the honor again next time.
Well wishes to all,