Today Learning Domestic Discipline turns one year old!! That's amazing!! I figured this day would come, but I had no idea it would come so fast! It has been a wonderful first year for Learning Domestic Discipline, and I want to thank you for making the blog, the network, and the book an overwhelming success.
|Image courtesy of crossfitlgn.com.|
With that goal in mind, I took my knowledge of and experience with the lifestyle and made that vision a reality. There have been many who have made it clear they don't like me, or my blog, or the LDD network, or the book, or my overall attitude and "arrogant" style of writing. However, the positive response to all of those things trumps the negative response ten fold.
I want to personally thank you for reading the Learning Domestic Discipline blog. Even if you hate me or the blog - I still thank you very much. There's a reason you read it, and regardless of what that reason is, I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to read, share, and interact on the blog and in the network. There is no way the blog would have lasted a year without you. You're the reason I continue to write, and you are the reason I'm always looking for ways to improve your DD experience in any possible way that I can. Thank you for making that possible for me.
Also in the past year, my wife and I have made many new friends throughout the blogging community. I'm not talking about "acquaintances" either. I'm talking about real, true, meaningful friends. There are many wonderful people we've met and become friends with that live this lifestyle from all walks of life. We've met police officers, lawyers, doctors, accountants, social workers, teachers, stay-at-home moms, business executives, students, hair stylists -- all of whom practice Domestic Discipline. That fascinates me. This isn't a "niche" lifestyle, and it's a lot more popular than you think.
In fact, let's look at a few numbers from LDD alone.
- 3,317,656 - The number of page views on this blog and counting as of the writing of this entry.
- 1,839 - The number of comments left as of the writing of this entry. And those are just the ones I have approved.
- 206 - The number of comments I have not approved.
- 169 - The number of members in the LDD network. Not every person is active, but that's the number of people that have signed up since it's creation in June of 2011. With the success of the network, a big network announcement is coming in a couple of days. Stay tuned! :)
- 132 - The number of public blog followers. The key word in that sentence is "public". Who knows how many more are following privately.
- 92 - The number of feed burner subscriptions. If you'd like to subscribe, click on the orange icon at the very top of the page (the icon next to the Facebook icon).
- 78 - The number of published blog posts on Learning Domestic Discipline.
- 46 - The number of @LearningDD Twitter followers.
- 12 - The number of Couples Challenges on the blog.
- 5 - The number of recipes courtesy of my incredible wife on the blog.
- 2 - The number of guest writers of Learning Domestic Discipline (my wife and Christina from Red Booty Woman).
- 2 - The number of absolutely blessed parents behind the two blogs of Learning Domestic Discipline and Knowing Your Roles.
- 1 - The number of absolutely gorgeous children to those two blessed parents.
- 1 - The number of amazing marriages between those two blessed parents.
- 0 - The number of Super Bowl titles won by the Denver Broncos since the new millennium. Man, I had such a good thing going, too! :)
Here are the top 10 most popular LDD posts (as of April 10th, 2012):
10) - Punishing In Public - How To Handle It
9) - Addressing Spanking Issues - Hesitation
8) - May Couples Challenge - The Rules
7) - Punishment #5: Intermediate Level Spankings
6) - Silent Spankings
5) - Maintenance Spankings
4) - Spanking Implements
3) - Spanking Positions
2) - Punishment #1: Corner Time
1) - Punishment #3: Beginner Level Spankings
To celebrate LDD's birthday, we're offering ONE FREE LIFETIME LDD NETWORK MEMBERSHIP to one reader (and their spouse if the winner is married)!!!
It's easy to enter - all you have to do is express how the LDD blog, network, and/or book has positively impacted your marriage and/or life in the comments section below. One month from today, May 10th, we'll randomly select the winner using the site random.org. The winner will be announced on the blog and on the @LearningDD Twitter page. If the prize is not claimed in 24 hours, we'll select a new winner until someone claims their free membership!
If you have to post an anonymous comment, make sure to leave a unique name (even if it's a fake name) so we have some way of identifying you as the winner. Maybe only a few people will comment, meaning you have a good shot at winning if that's the case. You never know.
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for making LDD a resounding success. This year has been a lot of fun. Here's to another successful year, and many many more enhanced and happier marriages.